With over three billion smartphone users worldwide, it’s a given that your business needs to be accessible via mobile. And, if you’re an e-commerce business without a mobile application, it’s probably about time you had one to keep up with your competitors. With React Native Development, not only can we build an excellent native mobile app for your business, but we can do it extremely quickly – getting your product to market sooner.
What is a Native Mobile Application?
Before we dive into the details of React Native Development, let’s discuss what is meant by a native mobile application.
While we access mobile web applications through a web browser, we download native applications straight onto our mobile or tablet devices.
Usually, we require an internet connection to access mobile web applications, but we can access native applications even when offline.
Native applications, including React Native Applications, also offer a smoother user experience than mobile web apps. However, mobile web applications are often made more frequently as they are easier to develop.
As a React Native Development Agency, we are equipped with the skills and experience to build fast, user-friendly applications. We have a portfolio of many successful projects using React Software Development, including Luxury Restaurant Guide, Self Learn and Posh Pawn Prestige Pawnbrokers.
What is React Native?
An extension of React.js, React Native is a modern, open-sourced framework for creating native mobile apps on iOS and Android. It was released in 2015 by Meta (formerly Facebook) and used by big players, including Uber and Airbnb.
React Native’s user interface (UI) design framework bridges the gap between the productivity of mobile web technology and the functionality of native apps.
Why we love React Native
Before React Native emerged, software developers would need to create separate codebases for native applications for different mobile platforms. For example, they would have to design the same application in Objective-C or Swift code for iOS but Java code for Android.
With React Native Development, Lightflows can create a truly native app regardless of the end-user platform.
Choosing a React Native Agency
Here at Lightflows, we’ve partnered with many businesses in the FinTech, Property Tech, Science Tech and Travel Tech industries. During the consultation phase of discussing a React Native project, we take great care to understand your company vision, analyse it and develop a React Native framework that aligns with your business goals.
React Native support and maintenance
As part of our design and development process, Lightflows React Development company provide continuous support and maintenance services to our clients. We continue to monitor the application to ensure optimal performance and a smooth user experience.
Start building your React Native app with Lightflows
Have an innovative idea for an app for your business? Contact us, and we’ll be in touch to discuss your needs. Let’s make something incredible.
Is React Native suitable for all types of mobile apps? React Native is suitable for building a wide range of mobile apps, including those that require complex animations and interactions and those that need to work offline or handle large amounts of data. However, it may not be the best choice for apps that require a lot of platform-specific functionality or custom hardware integration, as it may require additional effort to implement these features.
There are several benefits to using React Native for mobile app development, including:
- Cross-platform compatibility: React Native allows developers to build apps that work on both iOS and Android platforms with a single codebase, saving time and resources.
- Reusable components: React Native uses a declarative component-based approach, which allows developers to reuse components across different screens and projects. This makes it easier to maintain and scale apps.
- Hot reloading: React Native supports hot reloading, which allows developers to see changes in the app immediately without having to rebuild the app manually. This speeds up the development process.
- Strong developer community: React Native has a large and active developer community, which means there is a wealth of resources and support available for developers using the framework.
Some potential drawbacks to using React Native include the following:
- Dependence on third-party libraries: React Native relies on third-party libraries for certain functionality, which can increase the app’s complexity and make it harder to maintain.
- Performance: React Native apps may not perform as well as native apps, especially for apps that require a lot of resource-intensive tasks or real-time data processing.
- Limited customizability: React Native may not offer as much flexibility in terms of customizing the look and feel of the app compared to building a native app from scratch.
The time it takes to build a React Native app depends on the complexity and scope of the project. On average, it may take a few weeks to a few months to build a basic React Native app, depending on the resources and expertise available. However, more complex apps may take longer to build.
The cost of building a React Native app depends on various factors, including the complexity of the app, the number of features and screens, the amount of custom development required, and the hourly rate of the developers. On average, the cost of building a React Native app can range from a few thousand pounds for a basic app to tens of thousands of pounds for a more complex app.